27 January 2009

Changing Dates...

And then she said "Maybe the purple one..."

OHHH, wait. Not that kind of changing that kind of date...

What I'm thinking is, come aught&9, when I wants to be leaving the rat racetrack and heading for them thar hills. My goal has been june/july 2009.

It's gotta move. Up in the year, or back. The latter seems more feasible (and certainly less desirable!).
The reasons are purely Cyclical...

I arrive in the middle of summer, I'd have left a good spring garden somewhere, and be late in starting a fall garden in Mo.
If I arrive earlier, I chance my first zone 5/6 spring crop.

Get there in fall '09 and I bring in remaining fruit trees that need wintering over. I have ~4 months more to stock up for the winter-over; after a second summer in the current garden area with all the it's proffered canned goods, gives me a good head start.

And much as the reality sucks, a new vehicle will needs be bought/ traded for long before the move. A Park Avenue isn't going to cut it on the unpaved C.R.'s of the Show-Me-State. Preferably a truck, van suv or (Cygnus' pref.) a JEEP. Cj5, 4x4. Simple engine, open, rugged...

Digress! Digress!
O.K., Regress...

Point is, may be better to show a bug-out goal puts me in 'town' at a seasonally favorable time. So I vote Sept. 21, 2010

Yep-- the Equinox again.

(G'head; keep thinking the dates arbitrary, the significance negligible.)

Love flexibility, I do...

Slainte!

Cygnus

4 comments:

Livia Indica said...

Oh yeah, I wasn't even thinking of that!

Noki said...

If you want to pay an earlier visit, my miniSUV has four-wheel-drive and gets about the same gas mileage as a Honda Accord. Can you drive a standard? If not, I can go with you. Lemme know.

Hugs,
Ashley

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

liv, neither was I apparently. 'S why we plan; something to review and work the bugs out of..

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Ashley- I can drive a stick. Earlier would be nice, save for the whole job thing... some of us gotta sweat for a living...