18 January 2009

Honest Scrap

Just paid a visit to Not Lazy Housewife @ So Domestic [I KNOW; I did it intentionally... because I sense the truth, o spunky one...]. A few days back she honored me with an 'award', and I needed to review the guidelines. My prize? I'm supposed to bare my soul by listing ten "Honest Truths" about myself.

If that's an award, I think I'd rather be punished...

Just kidding. Atually, I'm one of my favorite topics! (Darn! Shoulda used that as one of the ten; now I gotta come up with MORE stuff...sigh.............)

And come to think of it, maybe it's y'all who're gonna be punished! ha! Ah well, you can always maneuver the mouse arrow to the little red 'x' in the upper right corner. (I might if I's you..)

A cool thing, too, is, understanding grammar like I do, I can make a bunch of tripe up, because the two words... oh wait; I'm thinking of double negatives. Nothing negative about 'Honest' or 'Truth' (redundant, maybe...) Darnit twice!! Now I gotta "dig deep".

Well then, if that be the case, and in honor of my newest sweethear-- um, I mean 'Follower', sure-- the answers herein contain not a HINT of falsification. Because, didn't your Mommy say never lie?

Of course she did. And she knows best... [The tv series may have been mis-titled...]

Now, on to blowin' smoke up Uranu... OH, uh, I mean.. tellin' you "stuff" about me.


My 10 honest Truths:

1) I am an athlete.

Asked "what do you do?", most Americans will respond "Oh! I'm an accountant!" or "I do I.T Consulting"; in other words, they give their career.
Folks, that's what you do FOR A LIVING. That's your J.O.B.

Play this game: if you won the lottery yesterday, what would you be doing today (besides paperwork to collect, understandably...)?

I'd be working towards an invite to that little ol' race they have in Hawaii every year 'round about October.
And redpointing Astroman.
Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Until I had enough jumps to be sycophant to a BASE-jumper...

2) My Biggest Fear: Rejection.
Misanthrope that I am, I long, as does every human being, for acceptance from my peers.
I've heard orifice [office; I love to bend words...] gossip about someone whose abilities, in mine eyes, far exceed that of those who were doing the yammering...
I always picture ME in the hot seat. And it bothers me; I don't wanna be wrong...
[Who T.F. does?!?!]

3) I have no trade, no career. I know a little bit about a lot o' s%*t; kinda a jackoff of all trades.

4) I pluck the "middle" eyebrow away with tweezers. Despite the words to the modern country song (which I cut for save for the eyebrow thing), "I'm still a guy",100% MAN. Male, too; you can be the latter and not the former... I'm definitely BOTH.

5) Half the time I seem mad but it's just the way I express humor. Being sardonic is a fine art-- one that is highly underrated-- and usually (in my case anyhow) misconstrued as anger. I guess years of pessimism and hard luck can't help but shine their dark light (if that's not to mixy a metaphor!) on my funnybone...

6) I love to cook; I can clean; I know how to sew; "I can skin a buck, I can run a trot line..."

7) I hate "WORK". Work is a four-letter word. I don't mind bustin' my a$, but the 'W' word to me means sucking up. No bones about it (and no pun intended...). Let me alone with a shovel, some seeds, a hen house, an apiary; grant me some yeast... Let me build a geodesic dome to sit in and read come evening...

8) I cry. Gentlemen, if YOU don't, you ain't. Period.

9) Where on the Goddess Green Earth is my Yew Berry? I mean, I ain't no Jondolar (and love Jetamio because of her raven hair and unconditional desire for J... but I digress. I always do, and revel in doing so...) but stand fast in KNOWING that SOME DAY I will fulfill the Dream of Oengus...

10) Who'd a thunk an old high school dropout would achieve an Associate of Arts degree Summa Cum Laude? A driving force was the desire to go back to flight school and earn my Certified Flight Instructor's license. Figured in such a competitive field, an ex-con could use every bit of advantage he could muster. That, and looking smart (looking so, not necessarily being so... :o) could help a bit in conquering #2...


Wow! that weren't TOO bad...

Now for the Passing Along to seven people; problem is, I don't think I know seven people-- that whole misanthrope thingie... But a very close friend of mine whom I'd not heard from in far too long called me in the midst of my typing this. She doesn't blog, but suggested I send this via email. I'm going to count her as #1 of my seven. She also said that "misery loves company" (sure, she didn't coin the phrase; you know what I meant!). So, since I suffered through, I honor these following six with the same opportunity:

1) Jeanie "with the light brown hair" Turner. (Remember those four words, woman...)
2) Catman
3) Bullseye
4) HermitJim
5) Kenneth The Conqueror
6) Andy&Mel Lowe


And I'm gonna cheat, claiming #6 counts as two! Because I really don't know six people...

Al right you folks, I hereby present you with the Honest Scrap Award!!!

In all fairness, I read yall's blogs every day and realize that each post is a revelation of self. The award is in your hands; my reward is the second half of that first sentence.

Do with it as you will!

LOL

Cygnus

13 comments:

Bullseye said...

WOW, thanks man....I think. LOL It's an honor and I will try to work on it this week. Thanks buddy and I'm glad you got a kick out of the hamburglar...hehe!!

Noki said...

And don't forget me!

Hugs,
Ashley

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Bullseye, I think there's more to this thing, like there's an actual Certificate of completion-type gizmo gets put on your site once the nominator finds out you've done it ... Guess I'll find out soon! Fun to do anyhow.
Funny how so silly a topic garnered more comments than any other post I ever did. HermitJim notes the same reaction on his "goofy"posts... Guess in these stressful times we all REALLY need the laughs!

Ashley! Thought maybe you'd be posting more, given your time-on-hand increase of late (sorry, girl!)
On that topic, go over to Bullseye's site, to the post on friday last. Nephew over there in the same boat as you-- same or relatively close line of work, too.

Anyhow, glad to see you here regularly!

Ken said...

...hmmm...should i worry ?...nahhh!...thanx Brother, truths' are easy,i'll try to make ya proud...

(i needed help figuring new stuff to keep the blog interesting anyway)...quick question!?...you made a comment to a 'living post' awhile back in my comments...if ya could elaborate ???

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Ken, Be glad to! Need help though-- which post was it on? I'll go back& look, but check back here, too, in case you find it b4 i do. I can usually decipher my intended message in context... if it didn't involve too many rum&cokes!

Ken said...

...hey Cygnus,it was the no second place,only first loser post...kinda curious is all,never heard it before,now i've heard it from others...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Hey ken! Just returned from finding it and leaving my interpretation on today's(Good Day) post.
So you're seeing the phrase again? Cool! I can't claim to have coined the phrase, because I really have no Earthly clue from whence I drew it that day, but at least with others using/having used it, I don't feel so...you know.. odd.

Unknown said...

This post convinced me of two things...one you are a genius (see truth #8) and second you should write a book, or 5...and I'd be the first one in line to buy them all!

Thanks for the link love by the way! You are too sweet!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

MisadventurousMommy, If you were the ONLY one in line, I'd suffer through the writing pangs merely to glimpse you.. well, THERE.
Thank you so much for your touching comments.. I am awed, and blushing, seriously.
Funny you mention #8... my friend that called during the typing of the post? She e-mailed me back after I sent her the writ. My response? "# 8"
Because it was true; 's what she made me do.

Too sweet me arse! I do secretly love you (guess it's not a secret anymore, huh!) and do so love the blogosphere for it's ability to connect new friends. Glad-- no, ecstatic-- to count you as one, and to hopefully be in your # as well...
Now quit, because if my smile becomes any larger I'm going to need plastic surgery to widen me mug!

Thank you so much for visiting My Song, beautiful Lady...

Unknown said...

See I just spent the past few hours writing a blog post that I'm sure isn't going to make me so popular with some of the moms that frequent my blog and I was honestly not feeling very happy about posting it...but reading your very kind words me me smile, which I haven't done all day so Thank You...and you are very, very sweet!

Unknown said...

that was supposed to say made me smile...it's late and I'm tired.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

And while you typed the last two comments, i was busy responding to your mentioned Blog. Guess you'll discover that soon enough...
And I meant every word, here AND there.
Thank YOU for making me smile. now, speaking of late and tired-- it's 0300 local, and i gotta be @ work @ 0600... EGADS!
Worth every sleep-deprived moment...

Do please take care.And come back soon...

Lazy Housewife said...

Whew finally got a chance to come read this. Very interesting - knew it would be. :) Congrats on graduating honors; that's awesome.