07 January 2009

INSPIRATION

3)An actuating or exalting influence; a stimulus to creativity in thought or action
4) the state of being inspired
5)Divine or supernatural influence considered as exerted upon by [people] so that their writings have Divine authority

Funk and Wagnals Standard Dictionary, 1958

[I know; I miss my American Heritage, or the ever-great Websters Collegiate; roots and origins therein! Alas, 's what I have. Make do.]

Folks, I ain't been so creatively inspired by divinity of late, ain't had that divine wind breathed into me so much. But I can say, in defense of the gods, that it must be because they have been working for me on practical ends...

I know the economy is in shambles. I know it's TEOTWAWKI, and that TS will HTF soon, if it ain't already smellin' your abode up.

I know that the working class in France is combin' the streets for produce when the markets put the "old stuff" on the curb for trash.

Hell, I'm preppin' for it all,too, and won't be any surprise on me mug when it goes down...

In the interim, I picked up another job. A 'real' one, one what don't involve assembling 2/$.99 tacos at three in the morning.[ Hey, it put petrol in the Buick...]
May even keep that up, just because, well, why not? while it lasts.

The new venture is, in my eyes, both a blessing and a curse.

A curse, because I hate rats, don't wanna race 'em, and want to move to the hills of Missuori where the only ratrace will be field mice scurrying from the promises of Kitty's claws.

A blessing because, this job, despite the economic outlook for so much of the world, is a shoe-in for minimally the next 8-12 months.

A blessing because the travel trailer I want, to haul onto those 2.1 acres, is now feasible. A blessing that means the payments on the land itself are 'secure'.

And that the front-end alignment and two new tires for the Buick are on the agenda all the sooner... just in case. [Justin Case-- insurance salesman HA! i craic meself up sometime...]

I have an 18-month bug-out goal; I wanna be in them thar hills no later than Summer Solstice 2010.

The newfound 'career' gives me the needed breathing room.

HA! I didn't intentionally say that-- BREATHing room.

Inspired.

So it seems; So Mote It Be!

Later, Folks.

Cygnus

9 comments:

Catman said...

Hey Cygnus,

So what is your new venture? Or am I that tired and messed up that I missed it?

Anyway, congrats. Hope it gets you where you want to be.

Bullseye said...

So Mote it be, I have heard that many times before. lol Glad to hear things are looking up for ya Brother. Keep buying up those bean, bullets and bandaids. Get ya a Blowgun too. hehe!!

Bullseye

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Hey Catman!
Naw, it ain't you; i'll be workin' sheetmetal. and where i want to be is them thar hills... so if it lasts the 18 month duration, or only the "promised" 8, it'll serve a purpose...
Thanks for the comment, friend!

Bullseye, my man... seen a PLETHORA of traffic on my song via your address-- and can see why they're there! That blowgun, it's my next 'toy'!!!
So Mote It Be was/is a Freemasonic phrase; used widely in today's 'Pagan' community (via the Golden Dawn, i venture...) N.E.Whoo... Glad to hear from you, dude! Stop by any time-- We'll raid HermitJim for homemade bread and J.D. coffee! ha!

Yall men take care...

Cygnus

HermitJim said...

Well, if all the guys are coming for coffee at the same time, I better get the fixins out for some Irish Creme coffee...saving the Jack D. for the day Bush leaves office!

Have a good one, nephew!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Now those WILL be celebratory events-- both the Bailey's and the sans-Bush deim...

Thanks for peeking hereabouts...

Cygnus

Ash said...

Yes, I like that you wrote So Mote It Be, too. Haven't heard anyone else say that since HS.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Thanks for stopping by, Ash!

A neat little phrase, aint it?

See ya later!

C.

Bullseye said...

Been in the Brotherhood for years now, thought maybe you were too. Just thought I'd through that out there and see what I caught. lol

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Bullseye,
Would that it were, Brother, would that it were...

Cygnus