25 January 2009

17 Months To Go...

And the week's peps continue tomorrow

With a front-end alignment on Mollymaroon ( the buick, once my home, now gateway to the Ozarks) comes spare tire check, some fix-a-flat, the plug kit w/rubber reamer... Probably get the oil changed on the nearing-180,000 mile engine (~4.5k since last change).
Alignment: ~$70.00
Oil Change:$17.00=$87.00
Tire patch/fix-a flat~$15.00=$102.00

Tonight saw several cans of canned meat go in the pantry, plus some organic whole-wheat flour so HermitJim kin keep me in bread via his new Dutch oven we'll purchase tomorrow... I get the skillets out of the package Lodge set-- less than buying the 10" skillet, 11.5" skillet, 7" griddle, dutch oven, and maybe a smaller skillet as well, and a cornbread sticks pan -- as separate items. I'll post on the actual price and pieces after the actual purchase tomorrow, though even as separate items Academy's prices run parallel to or less than wallyworld's... More than on par with my $2.00/day target, though the storage (pantry/prep items) only ran $9.11, after you add the asspaper and beer-- never wanna run out of either of those two..!!!

Oh, and seed orders--order, singular-- go out tomorrow. SSE/Heritage Farms in Decorah, Ia. Getting greedy on my seed stock; I don't really have the space for the 5 varieties of open-pollinated tomatoes that I'm ordering...

So I say, but I still have all this fenceline, and some container pots for patio/single-plant gardening. Add some chicken wire or kite string and a few nails or screws and you have a customizable trellis system for vine/pole variety veggies and fruits.

Let's see... with the $$ put aside towards future housing-- be it a converted horse trailer, a pop-up--whatever; with pantry items; with auto-repairs/preventative maintenance; with tomorrow's set-aside dollars (probably near $66.60) going towards usable gear, weekly preps total nearly $300.00.

My target is $2.00/day.

$300.00/7= ~$42.85/day.

17 months until I bug out. All will go well until then-- because I have the power to make it do so.

Slainte, Folks!

Cygnus

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cygnus I just love the name of that car LOL!!

Sounds like your preps are going great guns, don't forget to add a few extras of things like can openers, whisks etc:)

Cheers to you too!

Anonymous said...

oh and some books or games, nothing worse than no entertainment!

the dafthermits (Mel n andy and wee clan) said...

Morning Cygnus

thanks for popping over to the bus

so good to see you getting there 17 months will fly bye

got a shock when i hit the converted horse trailer link to land back at my blog ha ha

take care

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Good thoughts, Molly. Definitely have the books; also a chess board, 5 die, a deck of cards, a dart board with two sets of hardtip darts...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Hey andy! bet you thought "hey someone else with a brilliant idea!"

Haha!

Thanks for the visit!

SunTiger said...

Funny -- most of my spendable income goes toward gardening as well. Sheesh this hobby can get expensive!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

SunTiger, you ain't kiddin!
But then, try mall shopping as a hobby; and that bent don't feed you...

Thanks for stopping in... always nice to see a new face! Come back, kitty kitty!

Stephanie in AR said...

Dreaming over the seed catalogs too but finally have the room for everything...mostly. Try to make all my hobbies be useful for the family & then I don't feel bad about the money spent.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

sure can't eat the money

Unknown said...

Give me a break!!!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Come again? What kind of break? Just don't break me broomollymaroon. Gots to have transportation...