17 March 2009

St Paddy's!! How 'bout some Irish poetry?!?

Hello, Folks... Cygnus here.
Well, I'm wearin' the required green-- though there are a few of you I'd rather be pinched by, but that's another blog-- however, not ingesting any green frothy adult beverages..
[On a side note-- I tried to type the words "adult beverage" one eve...
Typed the words"adolt beverage".

Hello? Dionysius?? Or did I link to Sigmund..???]

I do not remember the name of the following poem-- my reference materials are currently on sabbatical, sorry-- but I do know that the Author was Anonymous. Must have been one of her better days-- I never seen the comments signed by her on yall's posts quite so...
well, eloquent. To be blunt.



Thanks to Nanny for the magnifique Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner c'est soir...
Wish you coulda been here, folks!

Slainte!

C.

9 comments:

Bullseye said...

You continue to amaze me brother with your talent. I really enjoy this. Poetry is one thing that is lacking in my life. Thanks for bringing it to me Cygnus style, wouldn't have it any other way my friend.

Much love to you my brother on this St. Patty's Day.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Man, Bullseye, I really appreciate your comments.

Funny, when it struck me at work that it was the 17th, and I had on me green Bear shirt by "luck (yeah, like that'll be a good draw...)", man the poem just came to mind.
[ I'm like Morrison, man- I got a whole concert in my head...]

Seemed appropriate, given the Saint's recognized death day...

Thanks, Bulls. I mean it, Brother...

Unknown said...

I enjoyed it,too,my Son. I had much rather be with you,or at least close enough to visit,but I did get to hear your voice and a beautiful poem and see you, too.
So glad you got your corned beef and cabbage. Please forgive me for not sending you a card. I tried to send you some Irish trivia over the internet but I don't think it went through.
Keep up the good work,Jim. I love you.

SparkleFarkel said...

YIKES! That was some video clip ending! Were you the model for the all-seeing point of the pyramid on the backside of the dollar bill? If so, how fitting for St. Patrick's Day-- "green," ya know!

Lydia said...

That was really nice.

Thanks for sharing your talent. :)
Lydia

the dafthermits (Mel n andy and wee clan) said...

Hi Cygnus


just popping by to say hi me wee laptop has been well poorly only just got it fixed

anyways just wanted to say all the best from the highlands and really enjoyed your latest posts

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Sparkle! Where Ya Been, Love?

Um, maybe my take on Odin's peek into Mimir's Well...

you should stop by occasionally... chat some.

missed ya, Sparkly!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Hi Lydia-- thanks for listening to it... I really enjoy poetry.Got too much of it in my mind, if too much there is such a thing as...

Thanks for brightening My Song with your pretty smile this evening!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Well Hello Again Andy!!!!!!!!!

Noticed you hadn't updated in a while-- thought it a bit of a good traveling run, or -- u guessed it-- computer woes!

Glad to hear from the Highlands, My Friends!
More pictures from you soon, I hope...!!