26 March 2009

More Veggie Status...

I didn't water the Garden's growth c'est soir upon abode arrival as is normal; I've been sky-watching...

And it's a New Moon.

So I sit here listening to the rain steady my senses, and scratch my melon whilst trying to figure what Picassa's momental malfeasance is...

Oh! Wait!
Look-- here's the blossoms (green bean) before the rain!!! Now lookie: that's a buffler head nikkel on my boot, jest fer perspective.


And here's a round trip, literally, of the plot...
[BTW, the squash plant above is pictured below in the upper third of the right corner of photo, next to the Tilted Brick...]

Start at the Southern corner...

Move to the Eastern one...

And then on a Northern Front...

Y' reckon the other one is next?

Ive already eaten from this garden, Folk...

OH!!! HANG ON A SEC!!!

New leaves.. of Heirloom watermelons!!

How much more hip can we be?!!
Well.. I do compost...

So let's take a look at that pile...

And let's be damned if the cantaloupe melon rind and seed thrown out aren't about trying to branch from their Hybrid Parent.

Can't be bad, all-around...

Slainte, Folks!!

Cygnu..

8 comments:

Ken said...

...fantastic greenery,Brother...yer thumb is turning a nice shade of green(as is my eyes)...lol...

Anonymous said...

Hey Cygnus, now that garden is looking pretty spectacular....WTG!

Stephanie in AR said...

Nice garden!

Bullseye said...

Looking great Brother. Wish I had the goods sprouting up this early. The hybrid seed will sprout and grow, just not sure what kina meleon you may get. Be fun to see though. Great job man.

Unknown said...

I am,as usual,playing catch-up.Went back as far as 3-21.Enjoyed the music and the flowers.I don't guess you remember the "flower lady" in Japan,huh? A tiny,old lady used to come walking through our housing area carrying a huge straw basket on her back (almost as big as she was). She would sell fresh cut flowers door to door.
Your readers have such a way with words..seems as if y'all are all writers..especially the comments on the 24th. Bet you didn't even tell anybody it was your birthday, did you?
Your garden looks great!! I remember one time when you took us (Lance, Kristi) flying over my house and got so low you told me that I needed to pick my okra!
I don't always read every day but I love your blogs, Son. Keep it up!!
Love ya.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

WHAT???? It was your birthday!!???

Well Happy Birthday, you sneaky devil!

Your garden is looking beautiful! I, lover of the Moon that I am, will be doing some delightful dancing with my daughter under said Moon wishing for some blessings to come our way!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Thanks, B&R! yeah, another year starteth for ol' cygnus...

(thanks for spilling the beans, mom! :D Love You!!)

Thanks, Stephanie! Quaint, but beats no space at all...

Hey there Bullseye! It will be interesting to see which parent strain the critter regresses towards...

Hi Molly! Kind words from our Aussie acquaintance whose entire yard blossoms and feeds!! Thank you. I look forward to seeing your summer at the new manse and how you rework the land...

Hiya Kenneth the Conqueror! Glad you likes the view (and can still see it with that greening thing happenin' to yer orbs! :)

Thanks for stopping by, everyone. Y'all take care, now!

Livia Indica said...

Lookin' good!