And I Ain't Bragging Here, Folks...
Just doin' me rounds...
Two notes on the following squash casserole recipe:
- Don't add any salt until tasting on your plate!!! The stuffing mix and soup contain a-plenty.
- It was suggested that maybe a 1/4-- 1/2 tbsp. of sugar added herein would draw out the fresh veggie flavor all the more...
- several small, fresh squash.
- 1 med. chopped onion
- [optional] 1 cup grated carrots [OH NO! FOLKS! DON'T DO IT!!! THEY'LL CAUSE YOU GO BLIND!!! I SWEAR!!!]
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 pkg* stove-top seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup margarine
BAKE IN GREASED PAN FOR ~30 MINUTES...
Personally, too, I would try and go non-box stuffing mix [just the 'homegrown' in me...], and might throw in a bit o' garlic... hell, I'd, as always, suggest a dash or three of my stand-by, Fiesta Fajita Seasoning!!! But do as you will.
In fact, there were TWO recipes in the family books for this casserole-- one avec queso, one sans...
The one here is W/O.. and as much a cheese-lover as I am, I even asked did this one contain said.
NO. The sour cream and butter sure made it taste thus, though... so, like the salt, if you feel the need for additional, add it AFTER the fact...
Enjoy... and Slainte, Folks!!!