04 August 2009

Wormhole...

This IS Friday, Isn't It?

Well, the majority of the words herein were written Friday.
And today would have made a good Friday-- went by fast and with minimal irritation.

Friday had all the makings of Monday.

But... today is Monday.

And, suddenly, I'm dizzy! LOL!

Let's just tell it like it went down...

Oh-six-thirty hours in Houston, Texas, [31 July 2009] and it is eighty-two degrees Fahrenheit on the thermometer.

Forty cents worth of coffee remains in my cup. The other dollar's worth has been involuntarily proffered to MollyMaroon's floorboard.

So twenty minutes later the java is doctored up @ work.

By a QUACK, it seems [C sighs exasperatingly]; the non-dairy, powdered, high-cholesterol creamer substance and the floor-recovered grinds are a serious bring-ya-down from the Irish Cream and French Roast...

But the cuppa does it's duty. Fifteen minutes after the start-labor buzzer, I'm drenched in sweat. Literally. My jeans are two-tone, the shade lighter below the knees where the denim shows proficiency avoiding skin contact.

And lucky me-- guess where I get to spend the sufficiently heated-up Houston afternoon?
You Guessed It-- the Insulation Attic!!! HARHARHAR!!!

Oh, joy is me...

Well, good thing this isn't a Monday, because... as a Monday, these events would SUCK!!! LOL!
Really, they bite ANY day, but a Monday, well... SHEESH!!!

A Friday?
Tolerable, mayhap. Indifferent, minimally. Because, well-- it's FRIDAY!!! HA!!!

Isn't it?
Isn't...

Is I dizzy again?

Slainte!

Cygnus

8 comments:

Felinae said...

82 at 6:30 in the morning :0 I do not envy you that kind of heat.

I am sorry about the coffee though that Irish Cream Creamer is like heaven coming from a bottle.

I do so love the image of a man drenched in sweat after a hard days labor. Brings to mind an Irish Spring commercial for some reason. :D

Hugs~Felinae~

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Lady Felinae...

I think the safest thing for me to do is to retire from bloggerdom now...

I need the remainder of this lifetime to respond to all the doors you opened HERE, with your comment.

Thank you for sending me to Heaven with a smile, Lady Felinae...!! lol!

Unknown said...

I weep for your loss...
Spilled coffee is a crying shame.
I bet MollyMaroon's floorboards smell lovely. :)

Sweat and Tears

Peace - Rene

Kyddryn said...

Oh, dear, rough start...

I live a largely timeless life here at Casa de Crazy. Some days, some weeks, I don't know when I am, except in the moment.

Now I'm dizzy, too...

Oh, well.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Unknown said...

I like Kyddryn's name for homestead ,"Casa de Crazy". May have to borrow it.
82-6:30,another reason I didn't want to move back to the Big H. Sometimes I wake up and don't even know where I am much less what day it is. What do you mean, my age?!

Unknown said...

P.S. Not that I Like to rub salt in the wound, but one day this past weekend, we didn't even hit 80.

Momlady said...

If you would like to come visit, the temps here are in the high 60's to low 70's at that time of the morning. What a shame about the good coffee.

Anonymous said...

That's exactly the reason why I use a travel mug (freebie) with a straw.
I'd HATE to be in an attic in Houston during the summer. Been there, done that and I don't envy you the experience. You're a better man than I for doing it. My hat's off to you.
YeOldFurt
PS,You are such a rogue.