13 August 2009

Don't Care About Nothin'...

Not even that I don't care...

Work is a four-letter word. The entire concept sickens me. [The commercial/industrial complex concept of it-- not the elbow-grease-for-potatoes-you're-growing concept.]
The particular task I'm assigned right now is gruelingly dull to the point of tears. Literally. Seriously.

There's an I-never-get-ahead-ness about the entirety of my day-to-day existence.

I don't care. Well, doesn't matter if I do-- no further ahead for doing so, so... why bother?

No desire to explore this option or that one. No excitement at a dome home on two acres, or a puppy running rabbits out of a garden thereon. [... well, we damn near evoked a smile, there...]
Treehouse sounds kinda cool... probably look them up again someday on the net.
Don't care to now...

Making a bit more green frog skins [dollar bills, Tonto...] each week by going in an hour earlier every day for work, and only losing forty minutes' worth of sleep. A fair exchange.

Which I don't care about one way or the other. Too darned tired to do all that caring crap...

Bummed. Bored. Restless.
Indifferent.

Lackadaisical.
Sighing.

Tired.

Sit for minutes on end, looking at a screen I should be adding words to. Oft, of late, doze off doing so. And don't care so much-- where it would have killed me three months ago-- when, in nocturnal surrender, I bed down having added naught.

Airplanes. Bugs. Celtic Crosses.
Dancing a waltz.
Reading Tom Robbins. Or blogs (sorry, folks...)-- or writing them for that matter--

don't matter.

It really don't...
Least wise, not this minute.

Thanks for letting me start to dump, folks...

Slainte.

Cygnus

15 comments:

Felinae said...

"It is not enough to take steps which may some day lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Cygnus,

I am sorry you are not feeling yourself as of late. Please feel free to vent away anytime.

Hugs~Felinae~

Unknown said...

I hear "your song" loud and clear...

What would you do if I sang out of tune
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key.

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends

You'll get by, Cyg
I'll get by
We'll all get by
Let's get high ( whoops) by, together.

Peace - Rene

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Go with the flow. The river will pick up. In the meantime, just take it easy, eh.

Kyddryn said...

Aww, sugar, I'm sorry...

It'll come.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Sanjac said...

I will kindly request that you STAY OUT OF MY HEAD! Have you ever seen Joe versus the Volcano? Think about early in the movie. Thats where I'm at. I was telling my co-workers today that I almost wished they would fire me so I could regain some focused energy. Hang in there buckaroo, this too shall pass. Beautiful sunflowers by the way.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

My my, lAdy Felinae-- i mean, i'm dark and all, but-- Goethe!?! LOL!

Thanks for lending ears, Lady Felinae-- cute Kitten ones they be and all...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

And so I do, and see we do, Lady Rene...

Thanks ever so much, Woman...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Shadow... if I'm waiting for the river to pick up then the flow should be slow-go... um, -ing... which, as it were, is the nature of the post...

Interesting.

Slainte.

C.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

It has, Lady. And gone. And comes, and goes, and waxes and...

Gracias...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Sanjac--
thanks on the flowers. I'm just feeling like those hung out of late to dry-- you know, wasting away ["...gain, in marga"...].
I know it'll pass. Long about winter, when I'm coped up inside due to inclement weather, I'll be full-bore to climb rocks! LOL!

Thanks, Bro...

Livia Indica said...

Hey Cygnus, hang in there my friend.

DianeLynn said...

Been there, done that. I guess I can say many things to try and lift your spirits...for me I just had to get thru it. BUT talking about domes, tree houses...check out my dream home...a YURT!
Hey it is OK to care about nothin'...and my song is "Blackbird singing in the dead of night...that is my Life's theme song..."singing" Blackbird fly... Blackbird fly... into the light of the dark black sky. OK OK...I'm done singing now!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Will do Livia m'Lady!

Thanks for the wordage!

C.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Lady Diane,

[Whoa! Talk about bringing a song to mind... lol! Oh no, wait...]

Yurts sound cool... Definitely something to look into for my planned March-to-September campout in Them Thar Hills!!

Thank you so much for the visit and the comment, Miss Diane...

Slainte!

Cygnus

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Lady ( I presume?)lixue--

Thank you sincerely for the visits, and for leaving a comment finally.

It is always a pleasure to find out people enjoy what I ramble about... thank you kindly.

I am very honored you are a reader, Lady...

Slainte!

Cygnus