09 August 2009

MacLlyr the Prepper Bard

Tide

upon that eerie time-lapse ledge
where sands of shore and water's edge
do interact their dance of tides
'neath moon-kissed days and starless nights
the swan, still leery, crane-necked, waits
not caring to transit said gates...


[dry feet? no water 'neath my breast?
all water? no wind 'neath my chest?
my wings do wither; webbed feet dry...]
i must needs have both Sea and Sky
and dance on winds and water glide
i must pass through transition, Tide.


jMc aka Cygnus

Slainte.

9 comments:

Kyddryn said...

Oooh...lovely, sir...

Though Swan you be, my mind insists on recalling the Geese of my young Autumns, skeins of them trailing in ragged vees along the shore, caught between sea and sky.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Super poem, Cygnus!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Thank you, Lady Deb Who Seeks!

C.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Navigating the Transition, mayhap, M'Lady K...

Felinae said...

Beautiful, Cygnus

Hugs~Felinae~

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

You are at that, Lady Felinae... but this blog should be about me, woman...
Me.

:(

Unknown said...

And I'll watch you, through the reeds, as you glide...

Silent silver streak passes by

In harmony with wind, sea and sky

Peace - Rene

Ken said...

...that's a Good one Brother...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Well then, Lady Rene...

Well...

Well, it ain't often I'm left without words-- even when my vocab's Going South, at least I have words to flumble...

At the idea of being watched-- camera-shy as I am, it's one I've always thrilled at-- and by you...

Words escape.

Harmony.

Peace. Lady Rene.