27 August 2009

This Is What Happens...

When you wait two days in Texas to pick your okra-- and it rains the day you don't!
These critters were not a ONE larger than the tines two days ago.
'Course, they weren't rain-saturated either!

Erm.. come to mention, we have had a fair bit in the Big H of late-- and the stalks themselves have shot up what seems like a foot in the same time-frame...
They seem to really like co-cohabiting with the tomato flora:


Speaking of-- some of the tomatoes I'd thought to pull; seem to have run their lifespan.
But...
On closer inspection, if they serve as naught but natural trellis for the cucumber that seems to want to take to abounding, well then--
I reckon I'll let 'em be...

The watermelon are doing the same to the Okra in turn:
This all kinda gives me an idea... I'd like to take a handful of seeds in season and scatter them in a 20x20 area, and just leave them to their own ways. See what likes what, what chokes what, what is what, y' ken...
But-- that's for next year, I reckon.

Watermelon and cantaloupe both love to put out flowers......
I'd love to see more fruit...
Um.. OH!! Wait!
Seems to be Irish Siesta time-- Leprechaun shade for a siesta! har!

Um... I can't grow these. Honest. not the toadstools, either...

Well, folks, enough of me boring yard for the nacht. I gotta go shower and raid the kitchen.

Alas, no wenches awaiting.

Damn city. I gotta get outo' this place...

Slainte!

Cygnus

6 comments:

Kyddryn said...

Nice 'shroom, Sir...I DO like the new camera.

Your Eden is looking happy...

Sorry 'bout the dearth of wenches...the only ones I know hang about the RenFest and wouldn't take kindly to being boxed up and shipped to Houston, despite the nice Swan there.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Felinae said...

Hey Cygnus,

Very nice photos, Eden is still looking good. :D

Ok, the okra is on steroids LOL! those things are huge.

I'm seriously liking the picture of the toad stool, very nice. Yes it is perfect for a leprechaun to siesta under, frolic or do a jig ;D

Hugs~n~Love
~Felinae~

Catman said...

Nice job, Cyg!

Unknown said...

okra - ho- my -god!

lame, I know...

it's all I got

School's back and my brian is fried

Peace...Rene

Sanjac said...

Hey Cygnus, our okra our hitting overdrive also but we still haven't had a decent amount of rain. I'm south of you only 20 miles or so on the bay but we are getting skipped. How are you preparing your okra? We have been mostly steaming it and adding some butter, sometimes frying it. Talk at ya later.

Anonymous said...

Looking good Cygnus! Love the mushroom, mine are going crazy right now in their little boxes!