24 June 2009

Why These Things Remind Me Of You...

[This was originally done on video, with all pertinent imagery of the garden and the sky and some silly bird being his occasional poetic self. The video BITES-- damned chinese CRAP CAMERA!!! But... I still have words... So, they are here, for you...]

I want you to look at this garden. A seed has been planted. It grows, slow, steady. Strong in good weather, withstanding the bad... and ever continuously producing beautiful fruits...
This is why these things remind me of you; this is why they bespeak of my love for you.

Look now to the blue sky above...
It is vast, expansive... Even more so than the blue tint of our Earth's atmosphere, for it reaches outward past the moon, and the blazing inferno of the sun, and beyond the stars and on unto the very edges of our ever-expanding Universe...
And THIS is why these things remind me of you; THIS is why they aide to project my love for you.

Now, when we describe these things-- gardens, trees, wind, sky-- with words, no matter our adeptness at word-smithery, no matter how much descriptive detail we project-- the essence of the things' beauty, it's depth and fullness of meaning, will NEVER be conveyed as fully as we Experience them in our mind and heart and eyes...

And thus will these three words-- I LOVE YOU-- never approach description of the depth, the beauty, the intensity , of THIS that I feel for you...





Slainte.

Cygnus

5 comments:

Mayberry said...

Dood.... I failed heiroglyphics....

Felinae said...

Very beautiful and touching, my friend. Thank you for sharing it.

Hugs~N~Smiles Always...
Felinae

Unknown said...

I loved every word of this..especially the middle part..
That's what I was going to say as a joke because it's all glyphs but then I read the original post in the comment field

I'm stickin' with my original comment

God damned gorgeous, Sir Cyg...
and thanks for the Carlin..I love that bit about religion..I may be catholic but Carlin just is calling it as he sees it...truthful bastard that he is...:)

Peace - Rene

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wasn't that a hit song -- "Blog Like an Egyptian"?

Kyddryn said...

Beautiful, Sir, heiroglyphics and all. :-D

Shade and Sweetwater,
K