06 February 2009

Karma Sutured It Moot...

I had the GRANDEST idea...

I'd put the entire Kamma Sutra on film, and use bits for slow post days (because, like, everyone does music vids-- even me. Wanted something more... well, more!!:)

I set up the camera; infused some baby oil with fresh-crushed rose petals; got out some spare batteries, because, well, you know.. you never know...

Then canceled the venture upon reflection that as a solo gig it probably wouldn'd be such a screamer...

So decided to feed the libido in stead of exercising said. THUS:

Guinness-dipped smoked, then deep-fried, Oysters

Took a couple cans of smoked oysters (woulda used fresh, but the nearest market has no Deli/Seafood ice...) And wanted to try the smoked/fried combo anyhows...

Put a bit o' Guinness Extra Stout in a bowl. Add oysters, oil and all...

Maseca corn flower. Corn meal.
One bit of each individually, and more mixed-- the expiriment was also to try the flour/meal combo vs. regular ol' beer batter or solo meal or flour.

Get to frying! Take the oysters, dip them in the breading, and drop 'em in hot grease. I like the deep-fry method. As small as oysters-- even two dozen-- are, a small pan heated to ~425 F., suffices. And heats up quickly-- a boon when your fuel is propane, not the GRID...

When the succulent little asexual critters commence floating in the grease, they're done (I know you kitchen dwellers-- even the So Not Domesticated ones-- know that trick for any deep-fried foods: floating = done.)

Now, we did make our own tartar sauce, oui?!? Easy as mixing some dicied dill (my pref over sweet; your call!) pickles ( using the pre-sliced hamburger ones saves kniving...) and mayo. Simplicity that adds dimensions to all things Oceanic... I add a bit of very finely chopped onion, too. Because I love 'em. And because I can! HA!!

Coleslaw. Vinegar. Lemon wedges. Fried taters if you're adventurous, willing, and least of all HUNGRY!!!

And the best part? You got it-- the "extra" 5 1/2 Guinness' , which if timed properly have dwindle to near beer-run time about 10 min before the grease is cooling...

Slainte, folks!

And sorry my Karma ran over my Dogma and no video...

Plod on as ye must...

Cygnus

8 comments:

Bullseye said...

Man I'm glad that vid got cancelled, a solo act just wouldn't do much for me man. LOL Sounds like another great day in the kitchen. I'm glad to see other men can cook too. In my bachelor days I would cook for all my buddies that had been well....ask to leave by their wifes. They all said I could cook better than their wifes could, but then again, after a 3 day drunk anything tastes pretty good. Good job and keep on cookin and preppin too.

Nadette said...

...sorry but I would have to agree...Love your blog but...yeah...anyways. Sounds like you put that energy to good use though I wonder what you did with the rose petals...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

LMAO, Bullseye!

hey; maybe the bier is the key: your buddies, and oysters dipped in..! HA!

Hey, thanks for coming over for a minute!

Very much love, Brother...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Aesha, the rose-pedal infused oil is in wait. Won't go bad; will always be good to soothe cracked skin.

Or maybe as an oyster dip???

(LMAO, OL, for too long... :)

HermitJim said...

The mind just REELS at the mental image of the "solo" act! I can guess that the oysters turned out ok...but you can have my share!

Say, maybe some of those rose petals in my vodka bottle would be nice to look at! Might even make it smell good...who knows?

Just a thought!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Wait... Vodka has smell?? DAMN! I been tossin' it back b/c I thought it breathed odorless...

Better step back and re-eval...

Ha!

\BTW, hard to find Smirnof Vanilla in the package stores close by... what say ye to vanilla-flavored Absolut???
A little magik (coffee) bean and i'd guess everything would be in order...

Let me know...

Tracy said...

The fried oysters sounds great! So do the brewskis. As for the rest of it, man, you just ain't right!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Tracy! Thanks for the compliment! Who in the sam hail wants to be that?!?