05 December 2008

All Connected...

Albert Einstein - “A human being is a part of the whole, called by us the 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separate from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.”


Hello again, Folks...

I've been using a lot of the new-found (to me) gizmos from the afore-mentioned posts to not only revamp my site but to tag a lot of people with similar interests with comments. I want to take a moment here to offer thanks:

First and foremost to my technical support staff-- my only (to-date) loyal follower-- my uncle, the notorious Hermit Jim. Without you, so much of this site would be so much less... A heart-felt thank you and much appreciation, Sir Hermit.

And to those whom have paid my comments on and visits to your sites with reciprocate offerings, i also pay hommage (i noticed primarily artists, of many persuasions, are the ones to do this; can't be coincidence). i'd like to fancy myself inclusion in that (artist) category, with writing being my primary modus operandi.

All of us desire to reach a broader ... I loath the term audience, but for sake of speed (and lack of a thesaurus) i'll let it be ... Those of you who post on a regular-- read: daily or near-so-- basis, i will become a "follower"; it is my sincere hope that any who visit this site also take the time to link to yours, thereby achieving the above-listed goal for YOU, as well as me.

After all, what is the internet but a vast NETWORK, oui? And we all know the saying about "who you know".

I hope sincerely it is what we know as well, and that many of you find new fellowship (or is it followship?? ah, never mind...) through your personal means of expressing your creative streaks. it is my desire to help contribute via My Song's humble efforts.

Bill Gates - “There will be a day, not far distant, when you will be able to conduct business, study, explore the world and its cultures, call up any great entertainment, make friends, attend neighborhood markets, and show pictures to distant relatives — without leaving your desk or armchair. It will be more than an object you carry or an appliance you purchase. It will be your passport into a new, mediated way of life.”





More soon, folks...

Cygnus MacLlyr

No comments: