02 February 2010

IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!!!!


It Got Fixed... So There Will Be No Bride!HA!

Remember that tiller I killed couple weeks ago? Ne mas muerte! Seems the right oil [2-cycle versus 30-weight... DAMN!!] makes a difference. Go figger...
I opened the intake chambre, damped up the pool of fuel I'd primed in trying to chase the old stuffs out, looked for a carb to clean (alas, no spagetti there!), replaced the spark plug (and am still convinced it dinna need so; least now I have a spare!), and...

Hell, I dunna know . But I do know that when the blessed thing were reassembled cranked yestere'en, it dinna object to blaringly waking up the neighborhood...

I'm still wondering how I'm going to belay the water-logging going on in the low section of the garden. This year, I mean-- I know in one or three the sunken pit cum swimming hole will be inches and feet of black soil...

I have much work ahead, and, weather-cooperative, will get a good bit of it done.

Regardless, I know this: I'll continue jumping the gun, planting stuffs ahead of their [recommended] time.

The peas are doing fine.

Something planted weeks and weeks ago is coming up in the raised-brick area.

I've checked charts; I've checked the back of seed packs. But, penultimately, I'll check my instinct. Rather, I'll listen to and abide thereof.

Ain't failed yet, folks...

Slainte!

Cygnus

13 comments:

Stephanie in AR said...

Please tell me those beds are not headed down hill!! The only thing should go down a backyard hill is a sled. You'll fight erosion & practice your vocabulary all season long.

Why not plant moisture loving plants like celery and such in the wet areas? Or make a small pond for something?

Felinae said...

Funny how the right oil can make a difference isn't it?

Nah, it probably needed the spark plug changed, they foul real easily. Better to be safe than sorry.

LOL! I don't know why this reminded me of this guy that used to race w/ my brother when my brother ran on dirt. The guy put racing fuel into the dad's riding lawn mower and seized the engine. LOL!

Have a good day!

Felinae said...

Hey Cygnus~

Stephanie just gave me an idea. Could you try growing rice in the wet areas?

Unknown said...

those l'il sprouts did put a smile on this winter weary New England gals face!

Peace ~ Rene

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Sorry, Miss Stephanie...

The area was once a construction dumpsite. Part of the reason I'm composting and all there is to raise the area. I realise the water-logged summer I'm headed for. The other areas I'll be planting need grass-kill-- established grass; one bed in front of the house that is already ready(!) will be tomatoes and okra. Working with what I got, that gets sun!!
Thanks for the suggestions, LAdy Steph...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Lady Felinae...

Racing on dirt... I immediately thought footracing, and drinking of corn fuel!

Yeah, sparkplug change couldn't hurt, I'd bet...

Thanks for coming by today, Lady! Always a pleasure!

Rice? Hmmm.... Not sure I've got that much of a pool back there! ha! But, I like your thinking...

Have a great night, Lady!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Miss Rene,
A smile on your face lights mine up exponentially! Stay snug and warm up there, pretty one! Glad you stopped in today!

Kyddryn said...

Further proof of the awesomeness that is Swan, Sir.

I'll bring you back a bag of sunshine, shall I?

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Mayberry said...

I've found more often than not, that a small engine's woes are cured with a new spark plug. Especially 2 strokes. Who've been fed 30 wt......

Felinae said...

LOL! foot racing!
no silly, NASCAR dirt trackin' on some of CA's fastest 1/4 miles.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Hey Bustedknuckles...

I hear ya, man, and know you visit when time allots. And am proud to see ya here.

I was inactive for a good while-- living outa my truck in the great wilds of H-town. I'm [mostly] back now, and glad you came by tonight.

Thanks, man-- and, I'll be seeing ya around! ha!

Slainte, m'man!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Mayberry--

and the ol' one looked so clean!

Won't be getting the golden lube anymore, that two-stroke... all blue stuffs from here out! ha!

Hey, thanks for stopping in today, dude!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got the tiller going again but I had faith in you all along.
Okra and tomatoes sound like a good garden to me. I like reading the comments because people leave interseting and clever ideas. No wonder they are friends of yours!
I see the famous (or infamous) red clay but there looks to be some really rich black dirt,too.
Happy gardening and lots of love!